- A blueprint for the integration of future manufacturing systems into the new forms of manufacturing enterprises.
- Competitive advantage from a more rapid adoption of advanced systems, processes and technologies.
- More rapid and “right first time” establishment of manufacturing processes and networks of autonomous units through the application of new types of simulation methodologies and tools.
- Greatly improved response times to changing customer needs through the adoption of new forms of modeling and simulation systems.
- Defined the scope of the “Digital Factory” concepts
- Developed an integrate-able set of models and simulators merging a bottoms-up view of the factory floor as found in NGMEs with a top-down view of the globally distributed virtual enterprises
You are currently browsing dnagy’s articles.
- Researched metamorphic material handling systems which respond to varying demands in a flexible manufacturing system.
- Developed prototype automatic guided vehicle (AGV) and support software
- Method of Path-planning/Guide-planning proposed in WP2 and WP3 will raises efficiency of manufacturing systems.
- Supports the Manufacturing System Engineering (MSE) process by integrating modeling and simulation platforms
- Supports engineering and systems integration
- Allows sharing of information generated by any one component amongst all components that may have an interest in that information
- Integrates research and developments in VR, Simulation, CAD, etc., to create a suite of technology solutions for the Total Life Cycle modeling of the Industrial Enterprise.
- Developed and demonstrated computer based VR systems for improving the factory operations of Process and Product Design, Plant Monitoring and Control and Training.
- Addresses the organizational and personal issues relating to methods for improved training, working conditions, effects on the environment, skills, etc., through the application of VR technology.
- Treats wood as a precious raw material
- Developed comprehensive on-line quality inspection system
- Moved from 2-D visual inspection to 3-D mechanical inspection
- From appearance grading to strength grading
- Global, systematic refined solutions for the design and production process based on product morphology analysis
- Detailed evaluation and analysis related to production method of composite materials
- Personalization/development of software tools for finite element analysis of composite materials
- FEM simulation results matching, sensitivity analysis of FEA/FEM data obtained by practical laboratory experiments
- Development and improvement of production processes for all project partners
- Systemization and exploitation of composite technical knowledge
- Researched assembly methods for large-scale structures, like houses, ships, etc.: From “construction” to “manufacturing”
- Mechanization systems for assembly of large-scale structures
- Application of autonomous agent to construction management in field factory
- Construction of database to manage parts
- Development of working optimization based on human factor for working evaluation system in human-oriented production
- Computer Graphics and Visual Recognition technologies developed to reduce development costs
- Developed new product life cycle concept “HUTOP Cycle”
- Developed “Info-Ergonomics”
- Developed bone-based human model for 3-D ergonomic studies
- Established human-oriented production systems to reduce labor accidents and health damage
- Developed discrete, continuous and batch manufacturing systems using reusable modular design.
- Developed intelligent modules that reconfigure based on demand
- Developed adaptive systems which can “plug and play”
- Provides capability to integrate manufacturing and supply chains
- Offers a migration path from legacy systems to fully distributed manufacturing systems