IMS projects are classified according to their stage of activity. If you are interested in joining a project that is in the formative stage and currently looking for partners, see “Projects In Formation” below. If you are interested in browsing projects that have already begun their research activities, please go to “On-Going Projects“. “Completed Projects” are closed, but the submitted publications are archived and available for your reference. If you are interested in a global roadmap for future research developed with industry, please visit “IMS2020 Roadmap“.
- AISDC: Automated Imaging Screening and Data Capture
- AMS: Additive Manufacturing Standardisation
- CLMS: Closed-Loop Manufacturing Systems Design
- ECOFIT: Dematerialising Manufacturing Systems For Sustainable Manufacturing
- Economics of Model Based Manufacturing (EMBM)
- EEM: Energy Efficient Manufacturing
- GreenComp: Manufacturing Processes and Standards for Sustainable Composites
- iMTEX: Manufacturing the Machines to make the Textiles of Tomorrow (Intelligent Manufacturing for Textiles)
- IProSPER: International Program for Sustainable Production and Energy Reduction
- IROVALUE: Integrated Resource Optimisation in Manufacturing Value Chains
- Service-Oriented Architectures for Smart Manufacturing
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
Ongoing projects are actively engaged in research and are generally closed to new partners. However, some projects are networks and welcome new partners, and many of our on-going projects spin off new projects. Please visit the list of “On-Going Projects“.
Completed projects are closed, but the submitted publications are archived and available for your reference. If you are interested in follow-on research, please contact your local MTP Project Development Coach.
IMS2020 is a coherent roadmap (2020) for future manufacturing research in the five MTP key thematic areas and set up an interface to ongoing roadmapping activities of European Technology Platforms and similar initiatives outside Europe. The roadmap provides a list of topics suitable to IMS cooperation (reference).