IMS is excited and pleased to welcome Dr. Mauro Caocci as the new IMS Project Development Coach for the European Union. He is well-known within the manufacturing research community and has developed an extensive network through his years as an engineer, consultant, and most recently, as a manager and facilitator of “Exploitation Strategy Seminars” for the European Commission. Mauro is also the Chief Executive and founder in 1987 of CIMATEC Srl, , a consulting company with expertise in strategic management of technologies and innovations.
SHORT CURRICULUM VITAE
- Dr in Mechanical Engineering. University of Trieste. Mark 110/110 and Honours.
- Master Studies in Economics and Finance in the UK and Japan.
- Research Fellow on hydrodynamics for hulls and screw propellers, at Maierform, an International Engineering Company based in Geneva (CH)
- 20 years experience in Industry in Mechanical Engineering sectors. Sales Manager responsible for commercial and financial aspects of shipbuilding contracts.
- Consultant to the Boeing Company (USA) for technology transfer activities in Europe on aspects concerning materials, processes for new materials and their contribution to higher productivity and efficiency in industry and transport.
- Consultant to the Città Ricerche Networks (formed in the principal cities of Italy linking academia and industry to stimulate cooperation on technology development and innovation) advising on technologies for exploitation and giving support for SME development.
- Evaluations and impact assessments of a number of European Research Programs.
- Expert at the European Commission providing a range of services such as Project and Program Evaluator, Project Reviewer, Project Technical Advisor, Animator, studies related to marketing, technology assessments, search for partners, IPRs, Risk Assessments, Business Plans, Patent Searches, Standards & Standardization, etc…
- 8 years (2005-2012) manager and facilitator of “Exploitation Strategy Seminars” within the NMP program for the benefit of RTD projects funded by the European Commission.
- Chief Executive and founder in 1987 of CIMATEC Srl, , a consulting company with expertise in strategic management of technologies and innovations.