Status: FP7 project starting now
- IMS included in proposal through an MTP action
Goal: The VISTRA manufacturing technology platform initiative establishes collaboration and cooperation among partners to design, develop and implement innovative learning, training and assistance system for complex manufacturing processes.
VISTRA aims to:
- Reduce the training and learning period of operators,
- Reduce the need for physical prototypes,
- Improve the quality and safety of manual work,
- Improve the knowledge exchange between relevant stakeholders.
These goals will be met by combining technology development, application development for the technology, and demonstrations in different settings and environments.
Three activities are prominent within the program. First, development is explored alongside integration and exploration of advanced, computer-based creations of immersive training and learning concepts. Second, a roadmap of computer-based training for factories of the future will be developed. Third, the MTP will promote exchanges of ideas and technologies among experts.
IMS has been involved with VISTRA-MP through:
- Development, integration & exploration of innovative strategies and systems for learning, training and assistance in manufacturing.
- Research roadmap
- Future strategies for computer-based training, e-learning and ubiquitous assistance in manufacturing.
- Identification of technological and organizational challenges
- Preparation of future research activities
- Dissemination & collaboration
- Experts exchanges
- Collaboration events
- DFKI- EU
- Fraunhofer- EU
- FCC- EU
- UNott- EU
- SGI- EU
- VOLVO- EU
- OPEL- EU
- SmartFactory KL- EU
- ITSEM- MEX
- METALSA- MEX
- General Motors Company- USA
- EPFL-IIG- Switzerland
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL MTP PROJECT DEVELOPMENT COACH FOR MORE INFORMATION.