- A blueprint for the integration of future manufacturing systems into the new forms of manufacturing enterprises.
- Competitive advantage from a more rapid adoption of advanced systems, processes and technologies.
- More rapid and “right first time” establishment of manufacturing processes and networks of autonomous units through the application of new types of simulation methodologies and tools.
- Greatly improved response times to changing customer needs through the adoption of new forms of modeling and simulation systems.
- Defined the scope of the “Digital Factory” concepts
- Developed an integrate-able set of models and simulators merging a bottoms-up view of the factory floor as found in NGMEs with a top-down view of the globally distributed virtual enterprises